Monday, May 27, 2013

An Itsy Bitsy Teeny Tiny Miniature

 We just got back from my brother's graduation and I seem to have come down with some sort of flu, which is bad news with Sturbridge just a few days away. Since I don't have the energy to finish up the projects on my worktable, I'll be sharing on of my favorite purchases with you instead. This tiny, 1/144th scale pitchers is one of the smallest miniatures I've ever purchased.
 I purchased this 1/144th scale pitcher from Hannah Roet several years ago. She told me that it took five separate steps to finish each of the tiny vases and pitchers. I've unwrapped my little pitcher maybe three times in the entire time I've owned it, since I'm terrible afraid of losing it.
This photos shows the increadibly tiny flower painted on the pitcher. It's really something else! I've tried painting in 1/144th scale, but I never was able to get that kind of detail.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Eliza,
    That is just incredible. I cannot imagine how anyone can get such small detail. Great buy!
    Big hug, and I hope you feel better soon,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat prachtig en zo klein. Heel mooi.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just amazing, so pretty and well done. I have never seen anything in the scale for sale at a show. I can sure understand why you are afraid of loosing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been extremely difficult to make and paint, especially paint. I can understand your fear of losing it. It's so precious! I hope you get well soon and are able to attend that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eliza! What a treasure! I don't blame you for being fearful and when you think of how big our fingers are by comparison, I would be afraid of even trying to hold it! It is great to get a good photo of it so that we can get in closer to admire it. I know people who are short of space try this scale out but honestly, with my eyesight getting poorer each year, this scale would probably blind me!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is so tiny yet so beautifully detailed. Gorgeous little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG is really tiny but is perfectly shaped and detailed! A great purchase!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So tiny and so perfect. It's wonderful.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a great little piece and a great photograph. I like the juxtaposition with the match stick!

    ReplyDelete